Thursday, July 31, 2008

Utah Lake Commission

Last night I had the opportunity to attend an Open House for the Utah Lake Commission.

I left disappointed. I looked for detailed information on what the Commission had worked on and what opportunities there were to better the lake. Unfortunately there was really no presentation and the details they provided were very bland and lacked specificity. Yet they asked the 15 or so people there to support or not support the items they were planning (how do you make a decision with no details?).

I had hoped that the meetings would facilitate discussion and talk about specifics. I appreciated what Provo City did when they held meeting to discuss the future of Downtown Provo. Provo took the opportunity to discuss various specifics with those who attended. I believe that's why so many people attended the meetings.

We need to make sure the Utah Lake Commission gets information from the public on specifics. They need to take specifics not just broad generalities from the public. That is how they will be able to create a plan the public will truly want and need.

No comments: